2019 has been a monumental year in the life of our organization. Here is a look back at all the Lord has done at Project Free 2 Fly and in the lives of the women we serve.
We began the clean out of our Forever Home
. For the next 6 weeks we had volunteers fill many dumpsters and work in the space to get it ready for renovations.
We celebrated our 5th Anniversary as well as the launch of our Capital Campaign
for the renovations of our Forever Home. The goal was set at $150,000.
We held our 3rd Annual "Sewing Camp for Girls". We hosted 60 girls who spent the week learning the skill and completing daily projects all while benefiting our organization.
We hosted "Fly Night" where some of our women shared their stories of redemption and the new lives they are creating through their time in our program. Attendees also had an opportunity to partner with us financially.
We had our 6th Annual "bird & barn". Always a unique event that serves as our main fundraising event of the year.
We had our first ever program graduation. We celebrated 3 ladies who have participated in and completed our program over the last 12-18 months.
This year we have seen many milestones with the women in our program and celebrated their successes and accomplishments. One thing we are really proud to have fully developed in our program this year has been our weekly enrichment courses. We desire for our women to participate in classes that enrich their spiritual, psychological, intellectual, social, recreational, and physical aspects of their lives. We believe these areas are a part of the foundation they need for a successful and sustainable future. This year our women have completed the following 6-8 week courses - Purpose Driven Life: Time Management & Frugal Living; How a Self is Made/Enneagram; Me, Myself & Lies; and through our partnership with UT Extension: How to Avoid Falling in Love With a Jerk; Cooking Matters; and Personal Finances. We are excited about the coming year and the classes that will continue to enrich our women's lives.
We also done the following:
- Our first woman to graduate from college
- Three of our women also celebrated semesters completed as they work toward their degrees.
- We had three women move into their own apartment and through our partnership with Homes & Havens, they were fully furnished and beautifully decorated.
- Two of our women celebrated gaining custody back of their children.
- We celebrated three women participating and graduating from our program at the end of November.
- We added an internship option to our program after graduation and we are proud to announce we have out first woman transition from a participant to an intern while she finishes her degree.
If you would like to be a part of our story in the coming year, we would love if you would give a gift toward our program. Click HERE to learn more.
It's such an honor to walk alongside women as they are changing the course of their futures and we couldn't do it without our loyal Free 2 Fly supporters.
We look forward to everything 2020 is going to bring!